We do mosquito treatments for zika virus to China!
Global Pest Management Inc. is a USDA certified quarantine treatment facility. We specialize in imports placed on USDA / CBP quarantine holds and certifying shipments for export. We are conveniently located in the Port of Los Angeles and serve the ports of Long Beach, LAX, & Hueneme.
We are certified and well qualified to carry out fumigation of imports, exports, containers, wood packaging material, and transport vessels. Our trained technicians are experienced in all types of methyl bromide fumigations and are ready to promptly and professionally carry out large and small-scale fumigation work.
- USDA (Quarantine) approved
- Export & Import commodities including fruits, rice, grain, corn, nuts, wood, citrus
- Vessel fumigations
- Bulk grain and bagged rice
- Perishable commodities: Fresh fruits, live plants, vegetables
- Large scale fumigations
- Crate & Pallet fumigations using ISPM 15 guidelines
ISPM 15 (Import/Export) Fumigation:
Because of the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC), Over 170 governments worldwide adhere to this treaty, which promotes control measures to prevent the spread of pests and plant products.
The International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPM), Revision Number 15 regulates the wood packaging material used in international trade. The goal is to reduce the possibility for foreign pests to be introduced into new areas.
Wood packaging material included in the ISPM 15 Regulation are:
- Cable Drums
- Packing Cases
Pallets, with or without a load of a commodity, can be fumigated using containers or tarps.
Tarp Fumigations consist of covering the pallets with a gas proof fumigation tarp, with edges such that a gas seal is achieved. Container Fumigation is the preferred method of pallet fumigation, place the pallets to be treated in a sealed container for fumigation. This method of pallet fumigation as it ensures the penetration of the fumigant and there is less risk associated with potential leakage.
ISPM 15 Compliance for International Shipments
Due to the International Plant Protection Convention (IPCC) most pallets shipped across national borders must comply with ISPM 15 Regulations.An approved treatment of wood packaging materials under ISPM 15 is Methyl Bromide
Methyl Bromide Fumigation:
Methyl Bromide is an odorless and colorless gas. Technically it is classified as an ozone depleting compound in the Montreal Protocol, and has limited availability.
Its use is legally limited to:
- Quarantine Fumigation of commodities entering the US under USDA / APHIS jurisdiction. This requires fumigation of specific commodities to prevent the import of pests and/or disease.
- Critical Use Exemptions for those commodities that do not have an alternative fumigant available.
- Pre-shipment Fumigations for commodities being exported from the United States that come under quarantine
requirements of the destination country (This would include ISPM 15; Fumigation of wooden pallets);